At Mercura, one of our top priorities is making sure that the information we keep about you is protected and secure.
We value our relationship with you and work hard to preserve your privacy and ensure that your requirements are met. At the same time, the very nature of our relationship may result in us collecting or sharing certain types of information about you.
Information we collect
We collect information :
- Which you give us on surveys, registration forms, or other Mercura documents
- Which you give us when you make a purchase
- Which others give us to make sure that the data you provide are accurate and up-to-date. This may include information about employees from employers
- On meetings, seminars or other events where there business cards are exchanged
Mercura does not collect personal information indiscriminately. Rather, we limit our collection of personal information to only what is necessary for the purpose we have identified. We employ fair and lawful means in the collection of personal information.
We treat this information :
- To ensure the delivery of requested services
- To honour a sales contract
- To keep you inform of Mercura’s latest news, technologies, services…
- To process transactions (purchase/account data)
- To optimally organize an event
- To respond to your inquiries.
We keep this information :
- As long as legally required (accounting data, contracts…)
- As long as lasts our business relationship
- Certain contact information for canvassing are held in our databases until you inform us you don’t want to be contacted by us any longer
How we use information
We use information we have about you as described below. We do not disclose information to third parties that would allow them to identify you as client or former client, except as described in this Policy.
Would you prefer us NOT to share your information as described in this Policy, simply inform us (see “Contact Information” below).
How we protect information
We may disclose your personal information to a government institution that has asserted its lawful authority to obtain information or when Mercura has legitimate reasons to believe the information could be useful in the investigation of unlawful activity, or to comply with an order made by any court.
We may disclose your personal information to other companies that provide services on our behalf, including print workers, fulfilment contractors, auditors, our software developers, data processing, document management and office services.?
In addition, we may disclose your personal information to our auditors or to an organization selected by Mercura to evaluate your creditworthiness, to collect outstanding debts on an account.
We will provide to those companies only the information they need to deliver the service and, through our contracts with them, they are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose.?
The accuracy of your individual identifying information is important to us. Mercura will endeavour to ensure your information are as accurate, complete and up-to-date as necessary for the purposes they need to be used.
Should you want to see any information we have about you or should you want to execute your rights, please contact us (see “Contact Information” section below).
When you link up to the Mercura websites to view information or to download files we automatically collect the following data:
- Type of domain name used to gain access to the Internet (.com, .org)
- The IP address attributed during the connection
- Date and time of access to the site
- Duration of site/page visit
- Browser used
- The operating system or platform installed on your personal computer or the access device used
- Search engine and meta tags used to track the Mercura website on the web
- Type and nature of files or information that have been downloaded
These log files are intended to map the number of visitors on various sections of our websites and to continuously improve the content of the sites.
In this section, we provide you with additional information regarding such collection.
When an individual visitor accesses the Mercura websites, we may use a browser feature called a ‘cookie’ to collect information such as the type of Internet browser and operating system the visitor uses, the domain name of the websites from which the visitor came, date and duration of the visit, number of visits, average time spent on our websites, pages viewed and number of cookies accumulated.
A cookie is a small text file containing a unique identification number that identifies the visitor’s browser, but not necessarily the visitor, to our computers each time our websites are visited. Unless a visitor specifically informs us (e.g. by enrolling for our services or sending us correspondence from the websites), we will not know who the individual visitor is.
Visitors can reset their browsers either to notify them when they have received a cookie or refuse to accept cookies. However, if a visitor refuses to accept cookies, he or she may not be able to use some of the features available on our websites.
In order to provide our website visitors with a product, service or information, visitors may voluntarily submit personal information to us for purposes such as asking a question, obtaining information, subscribing to, reviewing or downloading a publication, participating in contests and surveys.
If you are known to Mercura as a registered user of an online service, we may combine and store personal information about your use of our websites and the online information you have provided with certain other online and offline information we may have collected.
Occasionally, we may send marketing or promotional e-mail communications to you with information that may be useful, including information about products and services delivered by Mercura or other third parties whom with we have a relationship.
We will include instructions on how to unsubscribe and inform us of preferences whether recipients decide not to receive any future marketing or promotional e-mails from Mercura.
Also, if you send us an email message, we may retain that message and your email address, as well as any response we send you.
Links to external sites
Mercura web sites may contain links to external sites.